● Have experience in whitebox testing
● Have experience in Java, any ORM, Maven/Gradle/Ant, Jenkins etc
● Have experience with Big Data & large scale distributed systems like Hadoop, Zookeeper, Kafka, and NoSQL databases, etc.
● Believe in fault-free software that can be designed, developed, maintained, tested, qualified and deployed. ● Believe in automation for fast and repeated verification of software, that is useful during development and deployment.
● Have experience with software testing methodologies and automation technologies (tools and programming languages).
● Design and develop new tests as well as maintain automated tests.
● Work on performance benchmarking and load testing of various products and fitment evaluation of open source tech stacks.
● 3 - 6 years of experience in Software testing.
● Ability to read and write SQL - and understanding of one of Relational Databases such as MySQL, Oracle, Postgress, SQL Server.
● Knowledge of Big data technology and related frameworks. Prior experience on Hadoop, Map-Reduce, Hive, and any NoSQL database like HBase would be an added advantage.
● Prior experience in regression testing, performance benchmarking, load testing , and sanity testing of backend applications.
● Manual testing of UI applications.
● Comfortable with Linux with ability to write small scripts in Bash/Python. Ability to grapple with log files and unix processes.
● Prior experience in working on cloud services, preferably AWS.
● Ability to learn complex new things quickly
● Occasional involvement in support over weekends/ early mornings/ late nights for production issues.
● Be a team player with an ability to work under pressure with good time management skills
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills