Position Data Scientist
Job location Bangalore
At Pharmeasy, we are looking for talented Data Scientists to build world class products. Ideal candidate would be customer obsessed, business savvy, highly analytical and show strong bias for action.
At Pharmeasy, Data scientists are embedded with the engineering and product team for the problem they are working on. This ensures that the data science solutions are envisioned along with product delivery.
● Work closely with Product & Engineering to develop 360-degree analysis and recommendations to stakeholders on demand-side.
● Develop models around Catalog Quality, Search, Pricing, Discounting, Delivery Time, Consumer Personas, Revenue Optimization, Cross-sell, Up-sell, Promotions, Growth, Retention, Loyalty and more.
● Leverage machine learning techniques such as classification, clustering, matrix factorization, graphical models, image processing, NLP and deep learning.
● Excel at communication and comfortable with playing a lead role
● Make smart data driven trade-offs through experimentation
● Experience in product analytics (user acquisition, monetization, user engagement, A/B testing, multi-variate testing, etc).
● Sadly, as usual, cleaning raw data is also part of the job.
Qualification and Skills Required
● B.Tech/M.Tech/Ph.D in Computer Science/Statistics with demonstrated experience in ML/Statistics
● 2 to 6 years of work experience in e-commerce domain
● Expert in SQL and Excel
● Expert in R or Python (preferably both)
● Expert in exploring data through any visual tool of your choice: ggplot2 / Python / Tableau / Power BI
● Expert in Modeling and Machine Learning techniques
● Comfortable in scripting languages to automate your work – Bash or Python
● Comfortable in R Notebook or Jupyter Notebook
● Exposure to Big Data Ecosystem (Spark / Hive)