Principal Backend Engineer will be responsible for handling the technical backbone of the organization and enhance the user experience. The job requires writing new features, designing and building useful API methods, and improving the reliability of our systems as we quickly grow.
Key Responsibilities :
- Co-ordinate with front-end/mobile team to decide how an API method should work
- Build new features that can support growing user base
- White-boarding a fix to a scaling problem and executing
- Assist operations team full-fill orders in the fastest way possible
- Build tools that help us manage both users and our systems
Graduate/Diploma (Candidates with CS/IT/MSC/BSC or any relevant background will be preferred )
Desired Skills / Experience :
- Hands-on experience and expertise in writing web applications
- Knowledge of strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, programming languages, distributed systems, and information retrieval
- Ability to write understandable code with an eye towards maintainability
- Effectively communicate complex technical concepts to designers, support, and other engineers
- Knowledge of HTTP and TCP/IP and API
- Hands-on experience to build reliable and safe distributed systems and the understanding the trade-offs made while engineering a feature.
- Experience with SOLR, ElasticSearch, Redis, MongoDB and NodeJs will be preferable
- Competency with SQL (ideally in a federated database environment, MySQL a plus) and browser technologies will be an added advantage
- Prior experience with or knowledge of large scale, high volume systems will be an added advantage
About the Company :
PharmEasy is a Mobile-First, On-Demand, Health Delivery Marketplace.
Currently, PharmEasy is operating in 7 cities – Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Bangalore, Ahmedabad, Pune and Jaipur with over 1 lac active customers transacting 2000+ orders every day. Growing at a rapid pace month on month, PharmEasy is the biggest and the fastest growing pharmacy aggregator in the country.
PharmEasy acts as an intermediary platform and marketplace connecting retail pharmacy outlets and diagnostic centers to consumers offering quick access to medicines and diagnostic tests at discounted prices (currently offering Flat 20% discount across all medicines and upto 71% on diagnostics tests
Pain Point: In an unorganized and fragmented market, can there be a source for authentic medicines?
Solution: PharmEasy acts as a trusted intermediary and marketplace, ensuring that only genuine medicines are supplied by verified and licensed partners.
Pain Point: Does one always have to walk down to a pharmacy for the drugs I always take?
Solution: PharmEasy acts as an on-demand and local intermediary. This ensures that all your medical needs are fulfilled by the local partner, upon demand with doorstep delivery. Our easy refill and re-order schedules empowers the customer and provides un-parallel convenience and access.
Pain Point: Can there be a single source for all medical needs, where medicines aren't replaced and where there are no vested interests? Can I get all my medicines from a single source?
Solution: PharmEasy acts as a trusted intermediary through which partner retailers connect with the consumers. Upon presentation of a verified prescription, all medicines are delivered without substitution at the customers’ doorstep. Our vast network, robust backend stocking capabilities, and real time update of partner inventory ensures that no customer need goes unfulfilled.
- Pain Point: Can healthcare be made more affordable?
Solution: PharmEasy’s low cost model, and economies of scale ensure that every medicine is provided with a flat 20% discount, and every diagnostic test is offered at a flat 40% discount. PharmEasy has made the worlds’ most affordable healthcare market, even more affordable
Our Co – Founding Team
Co-Founder – PharmEasy.
•Electronics Engineer. IMT - Ghaziabad Alum. Ex-MakeMyTrip, Ex-Michael Page. Ex Chief Secretary, IMT Ghaziabad.
Founder-President of Ekagrata NGO. Founder of Boxplay Sports – an astro turf sports play venue.
Dr. Dhaval Shah:
Co-Founder - PharmEasy.
•Medical Doctor. XLRI - Jamshedpur Alum. Ex-General Secretary XLRI – Jamshedpur. Ex-McKinsey & Co.
Founder of 3,800 Doctor Strong Association for State Medical Interns (Maharashtra).
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying